What do the recent Google My Business changes mean for your hotel?
Thursday 11th August 2016
On the 1st of August Google removed the feature that enabled businesses to edit their description in the Google My Business field. For hoteliers this means you will be losing a vital section of optimised information that drove your company’s description to the right hand side of organic search in the knowledge graph.
Google now wants businesses to put their descriptions into Google+ because this is where this information will mainly be drawn from going forward.
So, what should you do?
- Make sure your hotel has a Google+ page
- Write a well optimised business description for you hotel
What should you include in your well optimised description?
- Make sure any star rating is mentioned
- List your hotel’s USPs. For example a spa, pool, games room, wifi, etc.
- Make sure you mention the location
- Add your hotel’s phone number and address
For more information about how Google My Business will affect your hotel contact us to talk to our search marketing team.
If Journey already looks after the digital marketing for your hotel then don’t worry, we’ve got this in hand and are making the changes for you.